Nigeria In Focus!!!
Yeah, i don’t need to be told… There’s already cobwebs on this blog… Blame it on me losing my writing mojo and thanks to @Kemmiiii for unconsciously helping me rediscover it… Well, let me go straight to matters at hand cos there is no time to waste fuel (typing this on a laptop and charging it with generator). And, i hope @The-Nerdy_Chick does not see this as a Pessimistic write up.
1. Happy New Year to all of us… i hope it brings smile to our faces… And, if the world ‘ll come to an end like everyone’s saying, let us be more religious and drop all those sinful acts especially the sexual ones.
2. Fuel Subsidy:- Little did i know that the fuel i bought at N65 per litre on Jan 1st would be the last at that price. In contrast to ‘Happy New Year’ greeting across the globe, it seems GEJ is hell bent on making it a sad new year. Or what else will you call removal of fuel subsidy on Jan 1st. A period when most have travelled cross-country. Cases of most people selling their properties to get back to their various destinations have been reported. What happened to his promise of Due Consultation and implementation by April 1st 2013? Why hasten it??? Was he in a hurry to end the yelutide season joy or what???
3. Boko-Haram inhumane Acts:- This is no longer news to us, also, GEJ’s reluctance to wield the big stick on them. Who’s he protecting? The God-Fathers behind them or the populace being bombed??? Do WHATEVER it takes and stop this senseless killings and save this country from unnecesary loss of lives.
4. GEJ:- Thank you for telling Nigerians to vote wisely next-time rather than voting for the man without shoes. Your selflessness in your contribution to the growth of unemployment rate is highly appreciated. Thanks for proving Rita (Koko Mansion) right that truly, “Nigeria is not safety enough”. And, we hope you win your Second term bid and if possible third and fourth term bid. Help us tell your wife, that she should continue what she does best which is a comic relief to our constant gnashing of teeth. By the way, i suggest you go to google, and type in “Most Cursed President”… Hehehe….
5. Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala:- Someone should tell her that she can’t serve two masters, because she will end up lying to one. And Nigeria is the one being lied to. Her annoying claim of cutting recurrent spending rather than tackling the main issue, is now very grating to the ears. I recall an article i read in The Nation’s ‘People and Politics’ column written by Mohamed Haruna, he asked that is NOI using Nigeria to further her bid to be President Of Africa Development Bank??? Recent developments are indeed pointing in that direction.
And, i commend IMF for installing a puppet in person of NOI so that they can help reform our financial fiscal policies in line with what is beneficial to the WEST.
6. #OccupyNigeria:- Twitter went agog with this TT (TrendingTopic) and it took me a while to agree that it could work cos i was of the believe that the GEJ adminstration was beyond salvaging. Thanks to that compulsive or rather, threatening DM from @omojuwa and logical reasoning from @DipoOginni to make me see the light in it.
For those who took part in the NationWide Protest, i envy you because you guys can at least tell your children that you played a part in struggle to #OccupyNigeria and for those of us that took to twitter to register our displeasure, more grease to our elbow. To those who sat on the fence, may God Be With You.
And to those who lost their lives in the struggle to #OccupyNigeria, Rest In Peace (RIP)!!!
By the way, someone should ask TWITTER why #OccupyNigeria has not trended worldwide…